Disclaimers and Safety Tips
Upon the advice of counsel - and in an abundance of caution given the litigious society in which we live - we offer the following disclaimers and safety tips:
- Unless otherwise stated, all T-shirts are made of 100% cotton. Some shrinkage may be expected. However, any shrinkage caused by washing the T-shirt in hot water and drying on the high setting does not constitute a defect. Owners are reminded to read and heed the care instructions.
- All imprinting is done using lead-free inks. Nevertheless, one should not aggressively lick or otherwise fondle the designs as that behavior may be considered in some social circles to be unseemly and mildly unsanitary.
- All T-shirts are sold as “T-shirts” and are, therefore, intended to be worn as such, i.e., with your head inserted into the large opening and your arms inserted in the two side openings. Although there is a definite front and back to the shirts, if you care to wear the front in back and the back in front as a fashion statement (albeit a questionable one), go for it. However, please be aware Scull Gear is not responsible for any physical damage to your person or social standing caused by such actions, nor are we responsible for any stretching or disfigurement of the T-shirt resulting from such behavior.
- The poly mailers used for shipping the T-shirts are not intended to be repurposed as toys, and should be properly disposed of (preferably by recycling) and kept out of the reach of small children and animals.
- Proper care of the T-shirt is explained on the tag attached to the neck or imprinted on the inside of the back of each T-shirt. In case that the tag is removed by the buyer or the instructions are too small to read, one should follow the old adage: wash whites, lights and colored clothes separately. It would also be a good idea to wash the dark-colored new shirts separately the first time.
- The T-shirt is not intended to be a chew toy, as portions may be bit or ripped off and cause choking.
- The T-shirts are made to withstand both saltwater and freshwater. Since they are 100% cotton, unless otherwise marked, they absorb rather than repel water. As such, the shirts absorb sweat and other bodily odors, and periodically should be washed in order for you to maintain any social relationships both inside and outside of the locker room. Unlike pet rocks, T-shirts do require a modicum of care and maintenance. Treat them right and they will return the favor.
- Books sold by Scull Gear are meant to be read or given as gifts, not for use as doorstops or propping up furniture. They may, however, be used as props by placing them on shelves, coffee tables, or mantles in your home or dorm. This will make you look cool, sophisticated, and erudite.
- Scull Gear is not responsible for any physical or psychological trauma caused by the misuse of a T-shirt. Remember, Scull Gear T-shirts want to be worn, not abused.
* (TM) Scull Gear and the Scull Gear Logo are registered trademarks of Scull Gear LLC